So says mini-Microsoft, a blog anonymously written by a Microsoft employee that often can be scathing. But no more. He says Microsoft is now doing everything right. Why?
– Windows 7 is a superior product. This often from geeks who assumed it would suck.
– Bing is a seriously good search engine.
– Silverlight is a “Flash-killer.”
– Office will now be in the cloud.
– Microsoft will release a streaming music service by the end of this month.
Plus, “Google is dulling.” Worse, there’s been a noticeable and persistent brain drain from Google lately. Lots of top people have been leaving, something which is always the sign of a changing culture and internal turmoil.
The corporate streets are littered with the roadkill of those who thought they could count Microsoft out.
And maybe for the past couple of years you could. But no more. They’ve reinvented themselves, with many excellent new products released, with more coming.
Not only is the Borg back in town. They”re ready to party.