Stand in solidarity with the Seattle’s Grand Jury Resisters on Thursday. It seems very likely that two of the people subpoenaed to the Grand Jury in Seattle will be jailed for their resistance. We are calling on all our supports to come out and show their support by attending a solidarity demonstration in their community. Below are details about solidarity actions currently being held.
Seattle, WA: Rally outside the hearing at noon in front of the Federal Court House (700 Stewart St). In the event that a contempt hearing is held that day, please be prepared to come inside the courthouse for to support the resisters. You’ll need photo ID and court-appropriate clothes. Don’t bring anything you wouldn’t be able to get past metal detectors and security guards.
Vigil from Noon on the September 13th till noon on September 14th.
Portland, OR: Rally in front of the Federal Court House (1000 SW 3rd Ave, at Salmon) at 12:30pm until 3:30. We will be giving live updates from Seattle.
Minneapolis, MN: Rally in front of Minneapolis City Hall (350 S 5th Street) from noon to 1 pm.
If you are planning a solidarity action in your city or town, email us and we will post it to the website. If there is not a solidarity action in your community, organize one. Email us if you need support to do so.
Check out Matt Duran’s statement on resisting the grand jury released today:
To join the petition effort, please follow these simple steps:
1) Go to FaxzeroÂ .
2) Fill out the form with your name and email address under Sender information.
3) Fill out Jenny A Durkan under Receiver Name and (206) 553-0882 for the Receiver Fax Line.
4) Copy the text at the bottom of this email into the box that says “Type text to appear on the cover page”. Personalize the text in the box to include your name and also anything else you would like to say.
5) Enter the confirmation code
6) Click the Send Free Fax Now button at the bottom of the box.
7) Check your email and click on the confirmation link. Clicking on this link will actually send your fax.
8) Wait for the email that confirms that your fax has been sent.
9) Once you have sent the fax, please CALL the U.S. Attorney’s office at (800) 797-6722 to confirm that they received it. We suggest something like the following script:
“Hello my name is Agnes Driver, and I just sent your office a fax to ask that Jenny Durkan call off tomorrow’s grand jury hearing and end the investigation. I’m calling now to confirm that you received it. Would you check for me please?”
The person answering the phone may offer some general assurance that they are receiving faxes. If they do, please be insistent: “Please, it is very important to me that Ms. Durkin receive my message, and that my voice be added to the opposition to this grand jury. Would you please double-check to verify that you’ve received my message. My name, again, is Agnes Driver.”
It may take a few minutes for them to find your fax. Please be patient while they do. Once they confirm that they have your message, remember to thank the staff for accommodating you.
10) Please send CAPR a message at firstname.lastname@example.org, to let us know that you sent the message, and what response you received when you called.
Fax message:Â End the Grand Jury Investigation of the Anarchist Movement
To: Jenny Durkan
United States Attorney for Western Washington
Fax Line : (206) 553-0882
I am writing to add my voice to the hundreds of organizations and thousands of individuals who have telephoned you, written and signed declarations, and demonstrated in cities around the country demanding an end to the grand jury witch-hunt of anarchists and aligned activists in the Pacific Northwest.
This case clearly shows that your office is persecuting political dissent. It is despicable that the US attorney and the FBI are harassing and intimating this group of people for their political beliefs. I demand that the grand jury investigation be ended immediately, that the governments repression of social movements stop, and that any items seized in the raids be returned to their rightful owners.