MyDD sums up a NY Times article on Obama and the upcoming midterm elections.
1. The President is resigned to the fact that the Republicans will gain control of Congress.
2. He does not find any mistakes with his legislative method.
3. The problems the Democrats face this season are according to him due to miscommunication (whose?).
4. He actually thought he would be able to heal the ideological divide.
5. He still thinks he can get bipartisan support once the Republicans gain congress.
6. The President is strangely detached and frankly seems uncomfortable and even reluctant to govern
For Obama to think he’ll get bipartisan support after the Republicans make major gains in Congress is delusion. No other word applies.
Yet even after all that, MyDD stills thinks the best strategy is to donate to progessive PACs in the forlorn hope that Obama will eventually come around. It’s that pixie dust solution again, sprinkle enough of it and Obama will magically morph into FDR or LBJ, both of whom despite their many faults were genuine liberals and eminently capable of throwing a punch. This is something the Democratic poodles in Congress and the White House might ponder. If you have convictions and fight for them, people will respect you. And you might actually accomplish something.