From Newsweek, no less, on BP CEO Tony Hayward’s arrogant, clueless comments. After he gets fired or indicted I’m sure he can find gainful employment at an investment bank. After all, he’s their kind of guy; nasty, untroubled by bothersome ethical dilemmas, and utterly self-absorbed.
BP CEO Tony Hayward on the Deepwater blowout
- “What the hell did we do to deserve this?”
- “The amount of volume of oil and dispersant we are putting into it is tiny in relation to the total water volume.”
- “The environmental impact of this disaster is likely to be very, very modest.”
- “Food poisoning is clearly a big issue.” This is repsonse to claims cleanup workers were getting ill.
- “There’s no one who wants this over more than I do. I would like my life back.”
I’m sure he’ll do well at Goldman Sachs.