CultofMac has reviews of all the new features. Just hop to their home page and start reading.
New features include
- Multitasking. This is the big one.
- Background audio for apps. You’ll be able to listen to Pandora while doing other things
- Background VOIP. Skype will now alert you when you have a call.
- Persistent location. It can triangulate between cell towers to determine location rather using battery-draining GPS.
- Folders for apps. Drag one game on top of another, and you have a games folder. Tap the folder to view the games. Sweet.
- Social gaming service.
- iAds. Ads can even be games inside apps.
Cult of Mac comment about iAds
This is such a simple innovation, but it’s huge. Apple’s done something truly unique here: they’ve figured out a compelling way to compete with Google in the mobile advertising space. I didn’t think it can be done.
And what do developers get out of this? 60% of the revenues, after Apple has sold the ads.