SFist is putting out a call for and sites and/or organizations doing any of the following constructive things to help overturn gender and queer discrimination in the state of California.
* Reaching out to latino, black, and religious communities
* Providing legal support — to block prop 8, or to protect gay couples, or to promote other equality-themed legislation
* Organizing lists of volunteers/voters who are passionate about the cause
* Providing volunteers/voters with training/instruction for doing outreach of their own
* Conducting research/focus groups to find out exactly what our opportunities/obstacles are, and where our efforts are having the greatest impact
Jump on in. “Don’t mourn, organize.”