"The outdoor mould spore concentrations could easily trigger serious allergic or asthmatic reactions in sensitive people," said Dr Gina Solomon, who led the NRDC team. "The indoor air quality was even worse, rendering the homes we tested dangerously uninhabitable by any definition."
Here’s a surprise, the US government is snoozing at the wheel.
The group <NDRC>, whose tests were supported by a coalition of local organisations, said that the federal government’s various agencies, including the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Health and Human Services and the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, are not monitoring mould levels in flooded areas and have not helped residents cope with the problem.
I’m dumbfounded. Not a single federal agency is helping residents or even monitoring the situation? What, might I ask, are they doing then, as NOLA residents continue to breathe deeply toxic mold?