Answers please, Mr Bush
Michael Moore fired his opening salvo against George Bush and his rightwing cronies with his bestseller Stupid White Men. Now the president is in his sights again. In this second extract from his new book <Dude, Where’s My Country> he asks his old enemy seven awkward questions.
The questions (with some of the answers in the article) are
1. Is it true that the Bin Ladens have had business relations with you and your family off and on for the past 25 years?
2. What is the ‘special relationship’ between the Bushes and the Saudi royal family
3. Who attacked the US on September 11 – a guy on dialysis from a cave in Afghanistan, or your friend, Saudi Arabia?
4. Why did you allow a private Saudi jet to fly around the US in the days after September 11 and pick up members of the Bin Laden family and fly them out of the country without a proper investigation by the FBI?
5. Why are you protecting the Second Amendment rights of potential terrorists?
6. Were you aware that, while you were governor of Texas, the Taliban travelled to Texas to meet with your oil and gas company friends?
7. What exactly was that look on your face in the Florida classroom on the morning of September 11 when your chief of staff told you, ‘America is under attack’?
Moore is taking huge and serious risks here, and is to be applauded and supported for doing so.