In a hugely courageous move, Charles Johnson of the influential LGF has given up on the right. His post announcing the break has 1400 comments now which gives a clear example of his blog’s reach.
Why I parted ways with the right
1. Support for fascists
2. Support for bigotry, hatred, and white supremacism
3. Support for throwing women back into the Dark Ages, and general religious fanaticism
4. Support for anti-science bad craziness
5. Support for homophobic bigotry
6. Support for anti-government lunacy
7. Support for conspiracy theories and hate speech
8. A right-wing blogosphere that is almost universally dominated by raging hate speech
9. Anti-Islamic bigotry
10. Hatred for President Obama that goes far beyond simply criticizing his policies
The American right wing has gone off the rails, into the bushes, and off the cliff.
I won’t be going over the cliff with them.