Technology marches on!
A woman whose baby swallowed the transponder of a car key managed to start the car by holding him close to the steering wheel, according to a report in the Daily Telegraph. Amanda Webster’s one-year-old son Oscar swallowed the pill-sized security device while fiddling with the keys.
Ms Webster, who was out shopping in west London could not start her car and called the Royal Automobile Club. Keith Scott, the patrol man who went out to help her noticed that part of the key was missing and cottoned on to the possibility that the baby had swallowed the transponder.
Scott then suggested that Ms Webster hold Oscar as close to the steering column as possible and try to start the car with the key. The vehicle responded and when the transponder made its appearance again, having made the route that Nature devised, it was none the worse for wear. [Smart Mobs]