Robert Scoble and Shel Israel are writing a book about it. I can’t wait.
The trends. We’re seeing something new happen because of:
1. Proliferation of always-connected sensors.
2. New kinds of cloud-based databases.
3. New kinds of contextual SDKs.
4. A maturing in social data that nearly everyone is participating in.
5. Wearable computers and sensors like the Nike FuelBand, FitBit, and soon the Google Glasses.
Read more on Scoble’s blog.
This new world, for better or worse means we will all be tracked constantly (and indeed, allow ourselves to be tracked) as well as track our friends and business contacts. Soon enough, we won’t be able to turn it off. Maybe we won’t want to.